Do you avoid using your outdoor space in the summer because of the scorching Georgia heat? You are not alone. However, the strong sun and high temps don’t have to mean the end of your backyard enjoyment. At Garden Lights Landscaping, we proudly offer a wide variety of shade structures to help you stay cool while you are outside relaxing, watching the kids play or entertaining guests.
Attractive Shade Structures
You can gain shade without gaining an eyesore. It is not hard to pop up a bright-colored umbrella in your yard to get some shade while you are outside, but that’s not always the most attractive or effective option. A landscaping expert can offer permanent shade structures that provide ample canopy as well as blend in seamlessly with your overall landscape design.
Types of Shade Structures from Garden Lights Landscaping
Blocking the sun and creating shade can be accomplished in many different ways. At Garden Lights Landscaping, we will assess your yard and recommend the best type of shade structure for your needs. Our team will consider factors such as the size and layout of your outdoor space, your aesthetic preferences and your personal budget. Our goal is to provide protection from the sun and create more comfortable outdoor living space for your Georgia home during the spring and summer months.
Some of the most common types of shade structure options include:
- Pergolas: Pergolas are open-air structures that feature a framework of vertical posts or pillars supporting crossbeams and a latticed roof. Pergolas can be covered with vines or climbing plants to provide additional shade.
- Gazebos: Gazebos are freestanding structures with a roof and open sides that can be used for outdoor dining, entertaining, or relaxation. Some gazebos feature screens or curtains to provide additional privacy and protection from insects.
- Pavilion: A pavilion is a freestanding, open-air structure that is typically used for shelter, shade, and outdoor entertainment. It typically has a roof that is supported by columns or pillars, but does not have walls. Pavilions can be made from a variety of materials and can be designed in a range of architectural styles to complement your surrounding landscape and home.
- Shade sails: Shade sails are lightweight, flexible canopies made from UV-resistant fabric that are suspended from poles or anchored to the sides of buildings. Shade sails can be used to cover patios, decks, or other outdoor living spaces.
- Shade trees: Planting shade trees, such as maples, oaks, or sycamores, can provide natural shade and enhance the beauty of your landscape.
Predictable Shade Despite the Weather
If you want to ensure you have a shady area in your yard every day, regardless of the time of day or amount of cloud coverage, we can help. Contact Garden Lights Landscaping today to discuss your shade structure project before the Georgia heat invades. Keep in mind that a shade structure is an investment that not only makes you more comfortable outdoors but also protects your skin, your pets and your plants and flowers in many cases.