Mulch can be any organic or inorganic material that is placed on top of your soil. This ground cover can be used in your flower beds or garden as well as around your trees, shrubs and walkways. While most property owners consider mulch as an aesthetic necessity, it does far more than enhance your home’s curb appeal. Beyond creating a more manicured appearance, mulch also offers benefits towards your landscape health.
Here are some valued reasons why you should consider a fresh layer of mulch for your Georgia yard:
- Weed Control – Mulch can serve as a barrier to starve out weed growth.
- Retains Moisture – Mulch allows less evaporation in the soil by shading it from the sun.
- Prevents Soil Erosion – Mulch helps hold your soil in place after a hard rain.
- Enrich Soil Nutrition – Organic mulch will decompose and release nutrients into your soil.
- Pest Repellent – Cedar bark and other types of mulch have natural oils that are known to deter insects and pests.
Choosing the Right Mulch
When it comes to mulch, you’ve got options. At Garden Lights Landscaping, we can help you determine which particular mulch variety is best for you. Depending on your personal style and preference, we can install bark, pine straw, cedar and other types of mulch to compliment your landscapes aesthetics as well as strengthen its overall health.
Do you have a new space you’d like to mulch? Is your current mulch faded or wearing thin? Call our experts today to get a quote for top quality mulch installation near you. We promise prompt service and affordable rates when it comes to your landscaping and lawn care needs.
Posted on behalf of
Phone: (404) 996-9953
Monday & Tuesday 8:30 AM – 7:00 PM
Wednesday & Thursday 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Friday 8:30 AM – 2:00 PM